15 Reasons to Give a Four-Leaf Clover
According to tradition, such leaves bring good luck to their finders, especially if found accidentally. In addition, each leaf is believed to represent something: the first is for faith, the second is for hope, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck. The four-leaf clover is an uncommon variation of the common, three-leafed clover.
Giving a four-leaf clover is always a thoughtful gesture. But sometimes it’s just the perfect gift. Any time a friend is about to try something new or make a life-changing decision, a four-leaf clover could be just the help it takes to make it through the day. When a couple got married it was traditional to give them a four-leaf clover which was a blessing of their union and a representation of their undying love for one another.
Some of the beliefs surrounding the power of the four-leaf clover include the following:
- Each of the four leaves on this lucky charm has a specific meaning — faith, hope, love and luck.
- Anyone who possesses a four-leaf clover will have good fortune in any ventures they attempt.
- Both children and adults would hang the four-leaf clover at home to ward off evil, witchcraft and bad omens.
- Anyone wearing a four-leaf clover will be able to see fairies.
- A person who finds a four-leaf clover will meet a future lover on that same day. Some people even go so far as to put the four-leaf clover in their shoe.
- One belief states that you will only have good luck if the four-leaf clover is kept out of sight and never passed to someone else. Another one states that if you give the four-leaf clover to someone else, your luck will double.
- The four-leaf clover is a charm that protects against evil.
Some special occasion to give a four-leaf clover are the following:
- Baby Showers
- Job Interviews
- Marriage Proposals
- Christenings / Baptisms
- Engagement Parties
- Retirement Parties
- Boat Launches
- Housewarming Parties
- First Day of School
- Celebrate a New Job
- Competitive Events (Track Meet, Spelling Bee, etc.)
- Court Decisions
- New Business Launch
And any other time someone you know could use a boost of confidence or has a reason to celebrate!